Are you an employer who could host a student on a work placement?
Monday, May 28, 2012
The Geelong Regional Vocational Education Council Inc (GRVEC)* is looking for businesses that are interested in supporting a young person’s search for a career by hosting a student for a work placement.
Hosting students means-
· Giving young people some industry training
· Promoting your industry to young people
· Helping to train the workforce of the future
· Building your social capital
· Identifying possible future employees
· Building the mentoring skills of your existing employees
Schools cover the insurance of students on work placement and the only cost to employers is a payment of $5 a day. (Exemptions apply)
If you would like to know more or want to register your interest please contact Kylie Fox on 52228522 or email kylie @grvec.org.au.
*GRVEC is the Workplace Learning Coordinator for the Geelong region. The Workplace Learning Coordination programme is an initiative of the National Partnership Agreement on Youth Attainment and Transitions and is administered by the Victorian Government through the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
GRVEC.pdf (PDF 199 KB) < Back to Latest News