After 5 Event Host Responsibilities
No other Geelong networking event presents a better opprotunity to interact with large numbers of Geelong business people to promote your brand, products and services and demonstrate your standing within the Geelong Business community
Your responsibilities as an After 5 Event Host
- Event Management Fee. The Geelong Chamber of Commerce charges an event management fee of $995.00 inc GST to cover the costs in marketing and managing your event.
- Event Costs. The After 5 Host is responsible for all costs relating to their event - usually between $6000 and $9000. The final cost to the After 5 host will depend on: choice of venue and caterer, attendee numbers, etc.
- Advanced Planning. Creating a successful event requires significant planning. The Chamber asks After 5 Hosts to engage some creativitiy in your presentation to ensure your event, and its message, are well remembered by guests.
- A suitable venue. The Chamber will decide if a venue is suitable for an After 5 event. We will need to visit the venue (if we haven't hosted an event there previously) to ensure it fits the After 5 criteria. We are aware that some After 5 Hosts prefer to hold their event at their premises. Be mindful that we regularly have some 300+ members keen to attend so size and suitability of venue is important.
- Catering and drinks. We ask you to ensure that you provide enough beer, wine, soft drink and finger food to cater for approximately 300-350 attendees. The provision of service staff is also your responsibility.
- Audio/Visual Equipment. Be mindful that you will be making a presentation to a large group of people. Ensure you have organised appropriate AV equipment so you can be easily seen and heard. This includes providing a projector. Music Workshop offer a 50% discount for all Chamber events. It is a worthwhile option to engage them to manage the AV for the event. Music Workshop Contact Deniel Bee: 5221 5844
- Prize draw. Providing a prize draw not only gives you an opportunity to highlight one of your services, it's also a chance to collect business cards to add to your database for future promotional activities.
- Marketing costs. Please feel free to pursue your own additional marketing opportunities in addition to the Chamber's promotion of your event via our website and email communications.
Two Months prior to your After 5 Event
- A signed commitment from your organisation. To confirm your After 5 Host booking, the Chamber must receive a signed After 5 Host Agreement Form together with payment of the Chamber After 5 Event Management Fee, to be paid at the time of booking.
- Create the invitation to your event. The Chamber will prepare an invitation to your event using an established Chamber template. You will need to provide for this invitation:
1. Your company logo as high res PDF or JPEG format
2. 100-150 word business bio
3. Images (in JPEG format)
4. Details of your door prize offer.
- Copies of your venue, catering agreement to be supplied. To ensure your plans are well underway, the Chamber requires After 5 Hosts to supply a copy of its venue and catering agreements (showing relevant deposits) no less than 60 days prior to the event. The Chamber has significant experience planning events such as these. If you would like some assistance in the planning of your event, please ask.