Protecting your interests
The Geelong Chamber of Commerce is the 'Voice of Business' in Geelong - ready to stand up and advocate on behalf of our membership to protect the interests of business in Geelong.
We are unashamedly 'Pro Business'. We are here to make business happen and to take on the issues that impede future economic growth and threaten what our membership has worked so hard to build.
The strength of regional business underpins the economy, but too often this hardworking and highly skilled segment of the nation's industry is not consulted on issues that have enormous impact on their viability.
The Geelong Chamber of Commerce ensures the voice of Geelong business is heard by the people that matter by building strategic relationships and contributing to the processes that shape the future direction of our region.
How are we the 'Voice of Business'? We are your representative body when it comes to:
- Lobbying all levels of government
- Addressing the issues that affect business
- Showing leadership on behalf of our membership.
The Geelong Chamber of Commerce also represents its membership on strategic bodies that have great influence on the future of the Geelong region, such as:
- Geelong Central Looking Forward Project
- Geelong Small Business Festival
- G21 Economic Development Pillar
- G21 Economic Development Strategy Steering Committee
- ICT Cluster Geelong
- Enterprise Connect Innovation Agenda Working Group
- SEGRA Conference Local Planning Committee (Sustainable Economic Growth for Regional Australia)
- City of Greater Geelong Skilled Migration Advisory Group
- Committee for Geelong
- Researcher of the Year Awards
- Barwon Region Waste Management Committee
- Barwon Sustainable Business Network
- Signatory to the Geelong Sustainability Covenant (part of Future Proofing Geelong)
- Geelong Safety Committee
- Northern Futures Committee
- Geelong Regional Business Council for VECCI
- Central Geelong Marketing Committee
- Geelong Retail Network
Contact Us or phone 5222 2234 if you would like to know more about what we do. If you're a Member and you're not being heard, we also invite you to talk to us about your issues - we are here to help.